Steps to make a healthy smoothie:
- Choose a base
- Choose fruits or vegetables
- Choose extras
Choices for base:
- Natural peanut butter.
- Natural almond butter.
- Plain soymilk (unsweetened)
- Plain high-protein almond milk (unsweetened)
- Plant-based yogurt
- Coconut water
Choices for fruits and vegetables: Fresh or frozen
Choices for extras:
- Lime juice
- Cocoa powder
- Choose ingredients from each component. You can choose more than one ingredient.
- In a blender, add a few pieces of ice along with other ingredients. Blend everything together till a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Tastes best when consumed immediately. If there is a need to be stored, refrigerate and consume within 1-2 days.