High Protein Tangy Tomato Red Sauce Pasta
- Prep Time: 30 Mins
- Cooking Time: 15 Mins
- Total Time: 45 Mins
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving: 2
- Prolicious penne / Macaroni pasta: 100 g
- Tomato: 4 no.
- Garlic: 10 flakes
- Basil: few leaves (garnish)
- Black pepper: ½ tsp
- Chilli flakes: 1 tbsp
- Oregano: 1 ½ tbsp
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp
- Parmesan cheese: 2 tbsp
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Boil the water with salt and cook the pasta for 12 mins.
- Drain the water from the pasta. Keep aside.
- On a grate place the tomatoes and smoke for 30 mins or till they are slightly golden and still firm. Cool the tomatoes and make it into a puree.
- In a pan, add oil. After it heats a bit. Add the chopped garlic and stir.
- Now add in the tomato puree and stir well.
- Add the salt, black pepper, chilli flakes and oregano into the puree.
- Bring the puree to a boil. Let the oil separate from the sides.
- Add the boiled pasta and stir well.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and basil leaves.
Notes, Tips & Facts
- Line the tray with parchment paper to avoid the pasta from sticking.
- To avoid pasta from sticking to each other, add few drops of oil while boiling.